Monday, May 31, 2010

We declare the glory of God...

Something unexpected has happened to me since Ilyana was born. I have fallen in love with little ones and babies. My heart is so soft toward them that I almost can't be around them or see them without crying. One of the churches that broadcasts their services online just had baby dedications and I became a weepy mess. Let alone if there is a preemie or something goes wrong. Watching the Duggars little preemie on TLC is "Cryfest 2010." The reality of the miracle of babies has hit me so intensely in these last (almost) 10 months.

Last week, Ilyana was sick one day with a fever. It wasn't even a big deal...just your run-of-the-mill fever, and it only lasted 12 hours or so (thank you, Jesus.) But it gave me a new appreciation for every day of health that we have enjoyed with Ily. Our bodies are a marvel. Creation truly does declare the glory of God, and it is even more pronounced when those bodies are 7 or 10 or 16 pounds.

How much more does our heavenly Father care for these little ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment