Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tall, skinny, and no teeth on the horizon...


We hit the pediatrician's office for a nine month appointment on Friday. We haven't been there for a regular check-up since February at which point, Ily weighed 15 lbs. 6 oz. and was 28 inches tall. I was sure that she was up to 19 or 20 pounds and knew she had gotten taller because of needing to change to the 12 month size for pants and sleepers. I was greatly mistaken in the weight department...only 16 lbs. 6 oz. A one pound gain. (I can just see the biggest loser scale with the +1 on the screen.) Our little willow did however manage to grow 1 3/4 inches in the same period of time to a total of 29 3/4 inches. No doubt about her parentage (if you really had any)...she is definitely her father's child.

She continues to be the toothless wonder. After checking her gums, and finding out that I didn't lose my first tooth until the spring of 2nd grade, the pediatrician speculated that she might not get teeth until 12-15 months. It doesn't seem to hinder her in the food department. Those are some mighty fierce gums. She actually split an apple slice into two pieces the other day. Not to mention, that toothless smiles and laughs are beyond description. (Also, I can't say I really mind from the nursing end of things. The advent of teeth is actually a little frightening.)

I didn't imagine how much you could love a little person...everything she does fascinates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment